Hello FYHP Community
We hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of summer! As the spring sports seasons wind down, we wanted to take a minute to remind you to get your player’s USA hockey numbers updated and in the system before the start of the season, which will be here before you know it. No player can get on the ice without an updated number.
Please follow the instructions below and get your child's USA hockey number for the upcoming season. Once you get your confirmation from USA hockey, please enter the number into your child's registration profile in your Sports Engine account, as described below.
hanks! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need help.
Heather & Jaimie
***If you registered after tryouts or your players are in Learn to Play or Midgets, you can disregard ***
Updating USA Hockey # registration:
1. Go to membership.usahockey.com.
2. Click “register now” (large red button in middle of screen)
3. Click through screens that follow, entering requested information.
> Players should be registered as "Player/Coach".
4. Once completed you will receive an email with the hockey number.
> Numbers for the 2023-24 season should have a “4” as the 4th digit. The number should be a series of 9 numbers and then the first 5 letters of your player’s last name.
5. Once you have your confirmation number. Please log into your Sports Engine account by going to sportsengine.com. Click on “Log In” in the upper right hand corner when you reach the site.
6. Select your parent account. If you have other teams on Sports Engine platforms you may see multiple options here. Choose your personal account and not a team account.
7. You will be directed to a new page where you should see a menu down the left hand side of the screen with multiple options. Select “Registrations”.
8. Select the registration for the 2023-24 season. Go to the line that lists “USA hockey number” and click on the pencil at the right hand side of that line.
9. Enter your player’s new USA hockey number. Click “save registration entry”.
10. Repeat for each player. If your player is registered for multiple teams (Lady Flyer and Junior Flyer) you will need to update BOTH registrations with this new number.